Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Food




I wanted to do a round-up of some yummy recipes I've made in the last little while and taken pictures of. Above is some Blue Bell Banana Pudding ice cream that I sprinkled walnuts and sprinkles on. Sprinkles make everything even better.


This isn't the best picture of the prettiest meal, but it was delicious. It is Taco Soup from the crock pot lady. I didn't add any meat. I ate it with sour cream and tortilla chips. It was yummy and made a ton. It filled up almost my whole crockpot.


Ken made pizza. He made the crust and everything. It's just cheese but I think it was one of the best pizzas I've had in a long time.


This is a citrus salad inspired by Smitten Kitchen's Citrus Salad. It had a ton of different citrus fruits in it. Central Market was having their "citrus fest" so I grabbed two of everything. There was ruby red grapefruit, two different kinds of mandarin oranges, some clementines, a honey tangerine and a Cara Cara. I squeezed Meyer lemon juice over it too. There might have also been a key lime in there. I added some mint, spinach and feta.

Just looking at the picture makes me want to make this again right now. It was Carrot Salad. It was amazing. I added some mushrooms and Parmesan because I'm American and couldn't just leave something alone lol.

Whew, that was quite a few pictures. I'll have to post tomorrow about Smitten Kitchen's Monkey Bread and her Oreos. They deserve a post all to themselves. I highly recommend both. The Oreos taste like Nabisco's, even without black cacoa powder. The filling is spot on too.

No comments:

Post a Comment